2018 Everything Food Conference Attendee Guide
Ladies and Gentlemen,
What an incredible year! We can’t believe it’s already time for Everything Food Conference 2018! We want to make sure each year continues to be bigger and better in the ways that meet your needs best. Please see below for some helpful tips and tricks, as well as answers to FAQs, to maximize your experience at EFC 2018.
Please remember to use our official #EFC2018 hashtag on all social media posts throughout the conference. We love to see you having a great time, sharing your experience, and reaching out to include others in our Everything Foodie family.
We have a lot of great changes this year, so please read through this guide carefully!
Where to stay:
While all our room blocks have been filled, there is still limited space available at our hosting hotel (Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Layton), and additional rooms at Home2 Suites by Hilton Layton Hotel and Courtyard by Marriott Salt Lake City Layton.
Don’t forget, our venue Davis Conference Center has FREE parking!
Additional hotel options nearby:
- Hampton Inn Salt Lake City Layton (3 minutes walking to conference center)
- Holiday Inn Express Layton-I-15 (5 minutes walking to conference center)
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Salt Lake City Layton (6 minutes walking to conference center)
- Best Western Plus Layton Park Hotel (8 minutes walking to conference center)
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott Salt Lake City Layton (10 minutes walking to conference center)
We want attendees to look and feel their best, and we love to see the variety of incredible personal style! Business or business casual are recommended for each day of the conference, but we strongly suggest particularly nice attire on Thursday and Friday when visiting sponsor booths. Dress to impress since these meetings are similar to job interviews with potential partners!
Be sure to check the weather forecast and pack accordingly. We also suggest pants and a jacket, as it will get cooler in the evenings, and don’t forget some comfortable shoes!
What to Bring:
- Laptop or iPad, phone and charger—blogger essentials! Don’t forget to use our hashtag #EFC2018 when posting about/from the conference! You may also wish to bring a good ol’ notebook and a pen for notetaking.
- DSLR camera or phone, especially if you are signed up for any of the hands-on photography and/or videography workshops
- Extra bag for SWAG and goodies – for those flying, some items may include liquids over 3 oz.
- Comfortable shoes. The Davis Conference Center is extremely easy to navigate, and has a compact footprint. However, attendees will still be walking between sessions, or standing for longer periods during meal service, mingling, and vendor expo events.
- An umbrella, a jacket and long pants – in Utah we have a saying: If you don’t like the weather, just wait 5 minutes!
- A water bottle—staying hydrated is important, especially for those coming from lower altitudes! We will have water stations in multiple locations around the conference center.
- Business cards (200 recommended) – networking is the name of the game!
- Of course, bring YOUR APPETITE! We are so excited to have delicious food provided through a variety of local and national companies. Get ready to chow down!
Directions to Venue:
The Davis Conference Center is located at:
Davis Conference Center
1651 North 700 West
Layton, Utah 84041
From 1-15 North
- Follow I-15 N to UT-232 N/N Hill Field Rd in Layton.
- Take exit 331 from I-15 N
- Continue on UT-232 N/N Hill Field Rd. Drive to N 700 W/Layton Hills Pkwy
From 1-15 South
- Take I-15 S to N 700 W/Layton Hills Pkwy in Layton
- Turn right onto N 700 W/Layton Hills Pkwy
The Davis County Conference Center offers FREE, ample parking on site!
Wednesday, May 9th
9:30-10:00 a.m. Registration for Video and Photography Pre-Conference Workshops only
12:00-1:00 p.m. Registration for ShareASale and Writing Pre-Conference Workshops only
5:00-5:45 p.m. Registration for Speed Networking only
Thursday, May 10th
8:00-9:30 a.m. Open Registration
All registration will take place in the main lobby (Sky Lobby) of the conference center.
Please have electronic tickets and photo id ready.
Business Ticket Holders:
For Official EFC Sponsors:
We will have badges and swag bags at company booths on May 10th. There is no additional check in or registration process for you.
For General Business Tickets:
Please check in during Open Registration on May 10th at 8:00-9:00 a.m.
Booths and Sponsor Expo:
Sponsor booths are only open for a few short hours on Thursday, May 10th and Friday, May 11th.
- May 10th (8 to 9:30 am) – Sponsor Booths Open
- May 10th (12:30 to 5:30 pm) – Sponsor Booths Open
- May 11th (10:45 am to 4:15 pm) – Sponsor Booths Open
See a full list of current sponsors HERE.
One of the best parts of this conference is gathering over incredible meals to socialize and enjoy the shared community of eating!
NEW THIS YEAR! We’re excited to include a wine and snack break, generously provided by our title sponsor, MediaVine! ! Stop by the Sky Lobby each afternoon for a selection of beverages and other goodies! Plus, don’t miss a tasty mid-morning treat with Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice and Sun Maid Figs on Friday, May 11th!
As part of your conference ticket, the following meals/snacks are provided:
Thursday, May 10th:
12:00-1:30 p.m. Best of Salt Lake Food Trucks Lunch Break
3:00-4:00 p.m. MediaVine Wine and Snack Break
5:30-7:00 p.m. Mediavine Sponsored Dinner (Red Iguana) & Opening Keynote
Friday, May 11th:
8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m. Bob’s Red Mill Sponsored Breakfast & Keynote Panel
11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Lunch Break
3:20-4:15 p.m. MediaVine Wine and Snack Break
5:30-7:00 p.m. Kroger Sponsored Dinner & Keynote
Saturday, May 12th:
12:30-1:30 p.m. Lunch Break
2:30-3:00 p.m. MediaVine Wine and Snack Break
Unless otherwise indicated, attendee is responsible for any additional meals.
Special note: We have worked extra hard to make sure a variety of dietary accommodations are available, including gluten free and vegan options for each meal. We have educated all our
caterers and meal sponsors on the importance of special handling for gluten free and vegan dietary restrictions. Since we will not be monitoring meal preparation, please use your best discretion on whether to join the meal.
We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the venue, so you’ll feel completely at ease making your way between classes and meal. Your registration packet will include a handy schedule and map. If you like to prepare in advance, please view the map below, and check out our online schedule for a list of event and class locations.